Blogtober is officially underway! Time to dust off your keyboard and publish some amazing content for the community. I have a few fantastic announcements to share!
- As of right now (updated on October 8th), we have 73 bloggers signed up for #Blogtober! The blogroll, which is kept up on http://www.blogtober.net, contains a slew of veterans, and a ton of newbies!
- Don’t forget, if you have signed up for the blogging event, you have pledged to blog 5 times in the month of October. An October blog is based on your timezone.
- FYI, the 400 word minimum has been waived as of 10/8. It was just too difficult to validate.
- Use the hashtag #Blogtober when you can to help folks find your post. The hashtag is not limited to the tech blogs that are a part of this campaign, but participants are listed in the blogroll.
- I would like to announce a partnership with VMUG! The VMware User Group has decided to support #Blogtober by rewarding three randomly selected bloggers with a $100 Gift Card! This is quite the gesture, and I am truly thankful that VMUG is such a great supporter of the tech community! Don’t worry, although I am participating in #Blogtober, I am removing myself from being eligible. 🙂
I am also going to be changing the order of the blogs listed in the blogroll. Periodically, I will count the number of submissions for each blogger, and rank the blogs by number of posts. Anyone with 2 or more posts will be ranked, and those with 1 or fewer will be placed in random order. I hope this will help to motivate the participants of the event!
If you are interested in participating, we are adding folks to the blogroll over the next two weeks. On October 15th, we will stop accepting new participants.
Let the blogging begin!