This is an exciting time of year. VMworld US has come to an end, and the focus is about to shift to VMworld Europe. Before long, Systems Engineers around the world are going to start taking what they have learned and applying them to their jobs. With all the fantastic new subject matter the industry has thrust upon us, what better time to dust off the old Smith Corona (or laptop) and kick out some community content?
I have decided we should kick off a #Blogtober campaign for the tech / virtualization community. Why am I doing this? Three reasons:
- I can’t tell you how many folks are interested in increasing their visibility in the community. Many indicated they WANTED to blog, but just needed a bit of a push to do it.
- As I said, this time of year is like Christmas for techs. There are many industry conferences occurring, and what better time to blog about what you have learned?
- vExpert 2017 – I maintain that the VMware vExpert award winners are fantastic producers of content. Most vExperts started small, whether it be presenting at their first VMUG, standing up their first blog, or simply starting a conversation at a local meetup like vBeers. These folks were not vExperts when they started out, and giving the future producers of vCommunity content a reason to start producing, will only help us all!
Anyway, here is what I would like to do:
- http://www.blogtober.net is now a thing. It is a link to this blog post.
- If you would like to participate in Blogtober, feel free to comment on this post, with a link to your blog! I will try to compile a list of blogs in a more consumable format, below.
- Participating in Blogtober means you commit to creating 5 blog posts during the month of October!
Here is an early list of bloggers that are in for #Blogtober. Please note, some of these folks are getting back to blogging or starting new blogs! If there isn’t a ton of content, they have pledged there will be come October!
- http://www.vmatt.net by Matt Heldstab – (@mattheldstab on Twitter)
- https://virtualvt.wordpress.com by Scott Driver – (@VTsnowboarder42 on Twitter)
- http://www.explorevm.com by Paul Woodward Jr. – (@explorevm on Twitter)
- http://www.anthonyrhook.com by Anthony Hook (@anthonyrhook on Twitter)
- https://www.technicloud.com by Rebecca Fitzhugh (@rebeccafitzhugh on Twitter)
- https://www.thevirtualhorizon.com by Sean Massey (@seanpmassey on Twitter)
- https://www.vhojan.nl by Johan van Amersfoort (@vhojan on Twitter)
- http://www.digitalvspace.com by Tony Reeves (@importcarguy on Twitter)
- https://www.vmspot.com by Matt Bradford (@vmspot on Twitter)
- http://www.CustomNet.com by Eric Allione (@vNetworking on Twitter)
- http://www.nigelhickey.com by Nigel Hickey (@vcenternerd on Twitter)
- https://www.mueller-tech.com by James Mueller (@JamesMuellerIT on Twitter)
- https://www.quirkyvirtualization.net by Jeremy Ey (@kayakerscout on Twitter)
- http://www.vgemba.net by Colin Westwater (@cwestwater on Twitter)
- http://www.theaaronstrong.com by Aaron strong (@theaaronstrong on Twitter)
- http://www.virtuallysekar.com by Venkatesh Sekar (@virtuallysekar on Twitter)
- http://www.vcarbs.com by Nick Carbone (@vCarbs_ on Twitter)
- https://www.letsv4real.com by Chestin Hay (@letsv4real on Twitter)
- https://www.d8taDude.com by Richard Arnold (@d8taDude on Twitter)
- https://www.homelaber.com.br by Valdecir Carvalho (@homelaber on Twitter)
- https://thevirtualboi.wordpress.com by Stephen Owens (@thevirtualboi on Twitter)
- https://virtuallyuseful.wordpress.com by Ray Olander (@virtuallyuseful on Twitter)
- https://www.itdiversified.com by Bryan Krausen (@btkrausen on Twitter)
- https://www.vramblings.com by Aaron Bolthouse (@bhouse563 on Twitter)
- https://www.iannoble.co.uk by Ian Noble (@iannoble on Twitter)
- http://www.thevirtualvillage.net by Chad Roth (@chaderoth on Twitter)
- http://www.thecloudybeer.com by Michael Chouinard (@chewievt on Twitter)
- http://notes.doodzzz.net by Abdullah Abdullah (@do0dzZZ on Twitter)
- https://www.teebeedee.org by Dee Abson (@deeabson on Twitter)
- https://www.tsmith.co by Tim Smith (@tsmith_co on Twitter)
- http://www.8bitvirtual.net by Jason Davidson (@jasonbdavidson on Twitter)
- http://childebrandt42.wordpress.com by Chris Hildebrandt (@childebrandt42 on Twitter)
- https://snoopj.wordpress.com by Jon Hildebrand (@snoopj123 on Twitter)
- http://www.vtimd.com (@ALDTD on Twitter)
- http://www.shaulov.us (@az_ny on Twitter)
Who’s next?? As I said, shoot a comment in at the bottom and you will be added to the blogroll.
OctoberBlogtober is only a few weeks away, so start working on your content. I know I will!